Monday, January 2, 2012

Is there a PAUSE button?

You know the Windows screen saver we used to have on computers that looked like things flying through space?  Well, that has been my brain for the last 24 hours! I have been looking for the pause button but it is nowhere to be found.

I have pieces flying at me in the form of blogging, decorating, crafting, the new year, my daughters wedding and the unknowns of my husband's deployment.

I want to do more with my blog and be more to others.  I am addicted to reading blogs and always glean so much from them that I want that for my own blog. Decorating/crafting is a passion that I haven't done much of the past few years. And it is time to get back to it.  Pinterest is my inspiration!  If only there were enough hours in the day.The new year....setting realistic goals, being a better wife, mother/stepmother & friend. My daughter is getting married in 3 1/2 months and my husband will be deploying in 6 months. There are so many emotions that come with it.

I know I am rambling....see that has been my brain.  I need to stop and breathe. Inhale and exhale and remind myself to take it one bite at a time.  Isn't that how you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.....



http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3082/3160981764_c6ac4c5ac0.jpg

6 comments:

  1. haha, that IS how you eat an elephant! wow, lots going on in your near future!!! following you from Debbie's party, please pop by and see my new little baby blog if you have time in all your busy-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, thanks for joining my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. You poor thing. Trust me, as a fellow military wife (the hubby is a Marine and I'm actually an Airman), I know how stressful deployments can get. With a child's wedding well underway too, I can imagine there's a ton of stress going on. Try not to let it all get to you at once. Instead of trying to do it all separate, why not actually combine some of those things for ease? Make crafts relating to your daughter's wedding and put those up on your blog. There's always a young bride out there looking for ideas and you might inspire her.

    Put together a guide for other young military wives on what steps they should take when a loved one is about to deploy. That would give you a written list you can see (and thus spend less time stressing over while you wonder if you forgot anything) and it would help you talk some of your thoughts out. Not to mention that it might just put you in touch with other people who are going through the same thing. Having the support and ears of others who know what you're going through can help make this upcoming deployment easier on you. I would love to see what kinds of fun care packages you might put together to send him while he's overseas!

    Most of all though, remember that blogs are supposed to be just fun. If things start getting to be too much, just take a step back, re-organize, and know that anyone following your blog will understand if you miss a day here or there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies.....looking forward to building lasting blog friendships with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your blog through Debbie's newbie party and thought I'd drop a line.

    Wish you all the best in 2012 and congratulations on your recent nuptuals. I'm approaching the big Five-O mark this year and found the man of my dreams several years ago. Proof positive that it's never too late!

    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about needing a pause button, mine would come in handy when I spend too much time on Pinterest when I should have been doing something else. Lol. I am addicted to it as well! Congrats on your recent marriage, I wish you all continued love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete