Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DIY Homemade Vanilla

I will NEVAH (southern way of saying "never") buy vanilla extract from the store again! For Christmas, my MIL gave me some vanilla she had made. Guess where she found the recipe? Yep, pinterest!

You might ask yourself what is the big deal about vanilla extract. Well for bakers it is a staple and a necessity.  You can never have too much. 



I found a recipe over at Bake at 350. (http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-vanilla-extract-works-for-me.html) I will definiately be making some vanilla for gifts this year.  I didn't realize how easy it was to make.  All you need is vanilla beans, vodka, containers and a cool dark place to store.

Check out the recipe over at Bake at 350 and see for yourself just how easy it is.  Let me know what you think!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment